Sunday, May 15, 2011

Diabetes blog week (last day)

Today is the last day of Dibetes blog week.  Here is today's prompt:         
"Last year, Wendy of Candy Hearts made a suggestion for this year.  She commented “I think Day 7 should be a post about stuff we've learned from other blogs or the experience of coming together online...”  Today, let’s do just that!!  What have you learned from other blogs - either this week or since finding the D-OC?  What has your experience of blogging the DBlog Week topics with other participants been like?  What has finding the D-OC done for you?  If you'd like, you can even look ahead and tell us what you think the future holds!"


I have to apologize.  Diabetes blog week went by the way side for me.  I had a bunch of post scheduled for each day this week.  I knew that Thursday on, I would not be able to get blogs done so I wrote them up ahead of time and had scheduled them to post on each day.  Well Blogger had a snafu as we all know and my posts were lost, gone, never to be seen again.

I had done a beautiful one on the good stuff that has come out of diabetes that will take me a while to re write.  I will try to post it this week sometime.  Maybe I'll do it different this time, we'll just have to see what comes out of my brain when I take the time to sit and rewrite it.

It's fun to get comments and I must apologize for not commenting more.  I have been reading your blogs when I can and trying to get through as many posts as possible.  I have decided that I will try after this week to leave well thought, encouraging comments more often.

In the last year since I found many of you, I have learned so much.  I have learned that there are people who "get" my world.  I have learned that 300s (and higher) happen and it's not something to get too worked up about.  I have also learned that although still much scarier than my other children getting sick, I don't have to be deathly afraid of Rebekah getting sick.  You have shown me tricks (not medical advice of course) that have gotten your children through tough spots and you came out of said situations with your sanity still intact.  While I have learned lots of geeky stuff to fill my brain with (words like euglycemic and post prandial) and how to eloquently use swear words (hello Reyna <3).  The thing I have gleaned the most from all of you is love and support.  When things go well you are there cheering me on.  When thing don't go so well, you are there to give me cyber hugs and encouragement.  Thank-you for being my friends!

To get two post in one (yesterday was supposed to be photos) I will leave you with this photo that still stirs in me a ton of emotion

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that photo gave me chills. AND..."YOUR WELCOME" on my swearing lessons. I have a gift, so I have been told - LOL.

    The blogger fiasco was a BUMMER fo' sho'...you will see that when you read about my Vodka Tonic...and "we have a blogger down...I repeat...we have a blogger down..."

    So sorry you lost your posts. That sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo is moving. It's a familiar scene in my house, but I am not habituated to it yet. It still stirs my emotions every time I see Jack give himself a shot.

    Blogger was such a disappointment this week. I lost stuff, too. I keep hoping that the posts and the comments are backed up somewhere and they'll just reappear. Can't help but hope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow my son is too young to give himself a shot yet... but it is moving to see. goodness. And yes, Reyna has a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete