1. What kind on insulin management mode do you use? A pink One Touch Ping insulin pump
2. How often do you inject/change pump sites? every 3-4 days (usually 2xs per week)
3. What type (s) of insulin do you use? novalog
4. What are your basal settings ? .175 24/7 (you have to remember we are noobs and still finding our way around. a .175 keeps Bekah from going too high or too low. Now that she is settled in school I think it's time to finally test her basal rate to see where we need to tweak. Every time I have tried so far, we either have a low or high before so we have to start over again)
5. What are your correction factors ?
1:150 with a target BG of 120 during the day and 150 at night
6. What are your meal ratios ?
from 3:00pm on= 1:25
7. What do you do for activity and/or PE?
If BG is <200 then 15 carb uncovered snack (we check before and after to make sure she is safe to get on the bus and after anything under 150 gets another 15 carb uncovered snack)
8. How do you manage Pizza, Macaroni and Cheese, or any other "difficult to manage" foods? Combo baby! 40%-60% over an hour usually works well for us but not always I'm still trying to figure it out. Bekah is not a sandwich kid so I pack mac n cheese in a thermos for her often in her lunch and she only gets her insulin straight up at school. With the extra activity etc it seems to work well. I'm not seeing lows or super highs on those days.
9. How do you prefer to manage your logs/data? When we were on MDI, I loved the frog log book but it doesn't allow enough space for all that I need to record with the pump and extra BG checks so now I use the Ping software and download and highlight myself. I feel a little lazy not recording stuff every day.