Friday, January 21, 2011

Catching up...

I have been super busy managing sick kiddos etc and haven't taken the time to write a few things that I wanted to share with you.  They are all pretty quick so no worries about a monster long post.

First just an update from my previous post (WTFudgecycles).  I decided to give Bekah antibiotics even though her strep test came back normal and I did a temporary basal increase in 5 hr increments over the next day or so and her BG numbers have come back down in to the 100s.  (YAY!!)  Bless you all who left comments and wisdom or just love as I tried to figure out what was going on.  The lack of sleep really plays into a mama pancreas not being able to figure out what to do with HBGs. 

Next I need to thank Rachel for the love and awesome sugar bolus that she had.  We got a package in the mail and here were the contents (minus the itunes card that I gave Meg as a prize for working hard to get her liver healthy)  I kept the rest for me =)!!  Thanks Rachel, you are awesome and I love the way I smell (so does my hubby ;) )


The other day David was playing with some farm animals and a fence.  He walked over to me with it wrapped around his waist, "look Mommy, I have a pump"  It's crazy to me how "normal" this life is for him.  He doesn't bat an eye at BG checks and in fact loves to "check" just like Bekah.  He always tells me his number is 90-90.  (he is trying to say 99, when I first typed it out I left out the dash and about croaked 9090 is a number I NEVER want to see). 
 the front
the back


And lastly my family celebrated a late Christmas last weekend.  We always pick a weekend in January to celebrate as my sisters and I all have our families and our in-laws and , and that all demand our time during the holidays so we decided we want uninterrupted time together and would rather wait (plus we get to hit the after Christmas sales to shop for each other).  any way check out the shirt my sister got me (forgive the wrinkles I had to pull it out of the hamper to take the photo because I couldn't capture one online)
 
 
Have an awesome weekend!

8 comments:

  1. That is an AWESOME shirt!!! We are ninja's at night...stealthly checking our babies sugars. :)

    David is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously LOVE that shirt Heidi!!! OMGoodness that is the PERFECT gift for you.

    I am glad that things are improving for Bekah and hopefully you are catching up on your rest. Taking care of sick kiddos is a tough, exhausting job.

    Love to you and I want to see a pic of you wearing that shirt in one of your blog posts! I bet you look adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, love the pictures :) Such a cute!!!!! And that shirt is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome tee!! Hope Beckah starts feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shirt is awesome!! Maybe your little guy is onto something with his pump pouch design :) Sweet little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the yuckies are clearing up at your house! I'm super glad you liked the goodies. I remember you said you have a "soft spot" for mint and chocolate! I love these dieting saving little friends! I LOVE the white Citrus smell! It makes me want to wash my hands all the time. The foam lasts a long time, and it doesn't dry out your skin! ;) LOVE the shirt!

    ReplyDelete