Monday, August 9, 2010

The Knight in Shining Armor, Hang gliding and brother torture

Yesterday we spent the day enjoying our once a year tradition of hanging out at the county fair. Ever since I was in a youth organization that had a food both at the fair where I volunteered to work every year, the fair has been a tradition. My husband even proposed to me at the fair, on top of the tables during lunch on a busy Saturday afternoon. Not the most elegant place to be proposed to but we were just kids and it was a fun place for a teenage girl to be swept off her feet. 19 years ago, less than 8 weeks after my high school graduation, I became a bride to be.

We rode rides where Joshua was tortured by the extremely loud music (they were playing Justin Beiber). Bekah's favorite ride is the hang glider. Her bravery amazes me. She bounded right up to some pretty scary rides (you wouldn't catch me on them). Never once did she cry or want to get off.


We saw the animals where David checked out the chicks. (sorry I couldn't help it)


We watched a show. Knights of the Realm. They did jousting and sword fighting. It was fun and entertaining for the whole family.Bekah got a flower from the knight that won the competitions. He even kissed it before he tossed it to her.

I had to do some tricky bolusing to accommodate for the activity and high fat food and had a long night of checking BG to see what was going on. The numbers that I saw were pretty good for the most part just needed that TLC of gentle tweaks here and there. It was all worth it to watch my kids laughing and having fun!

3 comments:

  1. At one point Jesus sent His disciples into the world with the commandment "...to heal every disease..." (Matt 10:1) Jesus said that we "...should always pray and not give up." (Luke 18:1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a good day! It sounds like fun!

    Sorry I've been a little MIA lately. I was determined to get better and then Matthew got sick. Hopefully I'll get in gear in a few days.

    Have a good week, Friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I want to go!! I'm so glad you all had such a great time. I love fair food!!

    ReplyDelete