Monday, June 27, 2011

Meet Sarah

Our Diabetic Alert Dog has been selected and will be delivered the week of Bekah's birthday (7/25).  Bekah chose the name Sarah.  Sarah is Bekah's godmother and my best friend's name and one of Bekah's most favorite people in the world(she has an aunt Sara but it had to have an h just like Bekah).  My friend Sarah was the only person other than myself that could get away with holding Bekah when she was a baby with out her crying or searching for me.  When we had Bekah dedicated at church, Sarah held her and sang to her in front of the congregation.  Sarah loves dogs and is honored to share her name with Bekah's new buddy.

We still have lots more fundraising to do!  We were on an 8 month waiting list and somehow got selected 5 months prior to where I thought we were in the process.  It feels like a new baby is coming home and there are so many preparations to make.  Actually it reminds me of how I felt when David decided to enter the world 3.5 weeks earlier than his due date and 2 weeks before his scheduled C-section.  I had not even had a pre-op appt.  Ready, set, go I have a puppy to get ready for =)
Look at that sweet face.  I can see Bekah's demeanor in her just from a photo!  I'm in love!!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah is sooo cute! Very excited for Bekah and you! Trying really hard to keep the green eyed monster in check!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And wow--can't believe you got selected already...that was fast! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That was quick. She is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!

    ReplyDelete