Sunday, February 13, 2011

2 years...

Two years ago today, my belly was swollen with a babe inside at 37 weeks, 2 days gestation.  I had tossed and turned all night as the waves of pressure and pain kept me from slumber. The baby, a boy, was scheduled to arrive in 10 days via Cesarean so I was thinking this must just be pre-labor.  It was going to be a loooong 10 days. I got out of bed finally surrendering the idea of any sleep and ran a bath.  After the bath there was some pink left on the toilet paper and I just knew what that meant.  Of my four pregnancies, I had only labored once before, 14 years prior with my oldest.  This felt vaguely familiar.  I don't consider myself to be superstitious but until that day, I did kind of like to avoid 13s.  This was in fact Friday the 13th.  While I didn't avoid life on that day every time it popped up, I always did walk a bit more cautiously.  If I could have picked the day for my baby to come this would not have been it.  I decided that this was God's attempt a humor as He showed me that Friday the 13th was not an unlucky day but one of the luckiest I would ever know as I got to look into the beautiful eyes of my handsome son, David, for the first time that day. 

What a joy this boy, my little surprise caboose, born on February 13, 2009,  has added to our lives!


David @ 2 weeks
 He is one month old here.  It is one of my all time favorite photos of David.  His hair had a mind of it's own and we got comments on it everywhere we went.  I <3 his hair!

His smile lights up my world (2.5 months old here)
3 months old here- don't those eyes just melt your heart



Oh my goodness I could just eat him up! Check out those yummy thighs (6 months here)


Be still my heart (1 yr old)

Where oh where does the time go?18months old

 
(What you don't see in the video is that the pillow on the floor has no pillow case because earlier that day he climbed up on my bed nudie and peed on it.  At not even two I didn't consider this naughty and just picked him up and placed him on the toilet gently reminding him that is where pee goes. The stain on the bed skirt got there form a coke spilling one time when I was sick, I can't seem to get the stain out and replacing the bed skirt has not been a priority)


Today we celebrate you turning two, my little man.  You have grown past babyhood so fast.  You are merely two years old and ready to take on the world.  You love people and have a contagious zest for life!  Your strong will is sure to be an asset as you mature in to the leader that I know God has destined for you to be.  As for now that strong will and I are trying to make peace.  You are loved so much my precious boy!

Happy Birthday David!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday David. You and my son Joshua will always have a special bond. He is only a few weeks behind you. I pray for you to have a beautiful life. You have an amazing mom who has been a dear friend this year during our trials. I am so glad to have heard more about your birth story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday David! He is such a sweet little thing!!! And from your descriptions of him and your comments on my blog he reminds me of another young man that you and I know of. :) I admire their strong spirits. I agree..if that spirit is nurtured in a positive path, it will bring great things to our boys and to all around them.

    Enjoy the day with your boy Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday David!! I love all the photos..what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday David! I love the pictures... Mattias has hair kind of like that. It sticks straight up and I can't seem to tame it! Glad to know there's hope for a normal, beautiful head of hair for him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious!
    Happy Birthday to your little man!
    I love this age. 2 year olds are my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post for this lucky little birthday boy! I love your pregnancy photo, Heidi. I was never brave enough to do it, but admire pregnancy photos. Yours is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday David!

    Love the pictures. : )
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww love the pics. Happy Birthday lil man!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday David (one day late... I'm behind on reading. :)

    LOVE the pictures! What a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday David! Such sweet pictures of your little man :)

    ReplyDelete